Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In with the old


Garage sales are the best thing in the world. Especially if you're a broke-ass art student (ahem). Summertime in Toronto is the perfect time to pick ups awesome garage sale finds, if you can handle the 40 degree heat. I picked up this chintzy yet awesome round mirror last weekend (it's looking quite oval here - it's just the strange angle) and I can't help but think that with a good SCRUB and a coat of paint, this would be a great addition to my front hall.

Here's my predicament: what colour should I paint it?
So far I'm considering white, matte grey, and turqoise.
WEIGH IN!

p.s. the steady stream of silly/grainy camera phone pictures will end as soon as I buy a USB cord for my camera. I promise!

4 comments:

  1. turquoise! make it a statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would look terrific as a dark matte grey or a dark, rich blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think white would look great with that mirror!

    ReplyDelete